Blue Heron is a design-led development firm committed to developing the beauty of life. Join our team!
Contact Blue Heron
Brand Copywriter & Strategist
The Blue Heron marketing department is looking for an experienced copywriter to fill the role of Brand Copywriter & Strategist. The right candidate for this position will have a strong portfolio of writing experience, primarily focused on brand messaging development.
Day-to-day work may vary, but the Brand Copywriter & Strategist will focus the bulk of their work around brand messaging, marketing campaigns, corporate comms, and sales enablement – including:
- Deep understanding of our target market and the Blue Heron brand to craft compelling copy.
- Owning the Blue Heron brand voice alongside the Marketing Director and Brand & Communications Manager.
- Working with the team to continually develop the Blue Heron style and voice guides.
- Understanding and evolving how the brand sounds in various applications, like real estate listings and client communications.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to strategize, develop, and execute marketing copy for:
- BlueHeron.com and SEO (landing page copy).
- The Blue Heron blog.
- Social media channels.
- Email marketing.
- Paid advertising (SEM, social, etc.).
- Direct mail.
- Video storyboarding/scripting.
- Partnering with graphic designers to develop visually compelling materials.
- Taking ownership of internal communications.
- Supporting press releases and additional PR materials.
- Working with the marketing team to develop sales enablement materials such as real estate listings, flyers, email, etc.
The Brand Copywriter & Strategist must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Powerful attention to detail.
- 3-5 years of proven copywriting experience, including branding, creative copy, long form, and short form.
- Strong at writing sales-initiating materials.
- Able to adapt to brand standards (multiple at a time) and write on behalf of an organization or its individuals.
- Deadline-oriented with solid organizational skills that enable quick turnaround times.
- Flexible professional with a can-do attitude.
- Technical capabilities allowing the candidate to see copywriting end-to-end in CRM and other software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The following qualifications are not required, but are a plus:
- CRM and CMS experience.
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Writing for social media channels.
- Advertising copywriting familiarity.
- Real estate writing knowledge.
- WordPress experience.
Please compete an application or email your resume to email@example.com. Writing samples are required at the time of application to be considered.
Construction Skilled Tradesman
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Skilled Tradesman to join our growing Custom Home Design/Build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks, able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Punctual, reliable, professional
- Basic computer knowledge
- Willing to learn, to take direction and be a team player
- Must have own set of tools required to prep a home
- Ability to paint and blend colors
- Furniture repair, miscellaneous touch-up
- Install small accessories and parts if/when needed and as directed by site superintendent.
- Caulk areas left behind by other trades.
- Prepare homes for walks detailing anything the Superintendent requires.
- Complete punch list items that remain left over for non-responding trades.
- Light framing and/or demolition, as necessary.
- Repair trade damages to cabinets, countertops, flooring, drywall, etc. and/or coordinate the completion of these items with the corresponding trades.
- Other duties, as needed.
Please send a current resume to Kris Barber.
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Estimator to join our growing Custom Home Design/Build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- A college degree in a Construction related field is ideal. An equivalent number of years of experience will also satisfy the education requirement.
- Should have 3-5 years of commercial and/or high-end residential experience.
- Good communication and strong teamwork skills are necessary.
- Generate the project budget and control that cost through design changes and value engineering
- Prepare cost estimates for construction projects and/or services by analyzing blueprints and other contract documents
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work. Provide ongoing estimating support to the Design Team during Design Development.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Analyze and compare subcontractor bids and make recommendations for contract awards using our bid leveling spreadsheets
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Finalize “scope of work” descriptions to support the contracting of trades to ensure cohesiveness of buyout
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Follow cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Maintain bidding process, and conduct negotiations
Please send a current resume to Adam McKenzie.
Interior Design Assistant, BH Elite
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Interior Design Assistant to join our growing custom home design-build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize project workload and time-sensitive tasks. Keen and effective attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of software including Sketch Up, Bluebeam, IHMS (or other builder software), and Microsoft Office (to include Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Bachelor’s Degree in interior design or related field preferred
- Requires 2+ years of related experience in a Builder Showroom or professional design firm.
- Submission of design portfolio encouraged.
- Requires occasional direction in several aspects of the work.
- Attend as necessary:
- Weekly Interior Staff Meetings
- Client Meetings
- Internal Review and Collaboration Meetings
- Special Purpose Meetings
- Project Site Walks
• Promote and encourage alignment with Blue Heron core values, policies, philosophies, processes, and methodologies.
• Assist in all tasks related to creating aesthetically pleasing interior spaces, including space planning, overall color palette, material and finish selections, specifications, and the coordination of architectural elements within interior spaces.
• Assist in creating and maintaining all documentation related to the design process, such as interior elevations, floor plans, finish schedules, specifications appendices, and technical SketchUp modeling.
• Routine and consistent use of project/time management, production, and design software, including Microsoft Office, SketchUp, Bluebeam, and Procore, supporting Blue Heron’s company mission and goals.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize project workload, and time-sensitive tasks.
• Attend weekly meetings to ensure coordination with all relevant Blue Heron departments while maintaining project production schedules.
• Incorporate all the Blue Heron interior design standards and support best practices development and documentation.
Please send a current resume to HGunn@blueheron.com.
Project Design Coordinator
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Project Design Coordinator to join our growing custom home design-build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Minimum of two years residential or hospitality architectural experience in an architecture or hands-on homebuilding/construction organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or related field.
- Entry-level construction knowledge to understand the construction process, terminology, and codes.
- Working-level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage, provide direction, meet timelines, complete tasks, and work on multiple projects at one time with accuracy and detail.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity both in and out of work.
- General understanding of construction costs and how to implement value engineering techniques. Responsibilities include working side by side in a team environment.
- REVIT/CAD/SketchUp knowledge and practice as related to Architectural/Engineering drawings.
- Responsible for supporting the Project Design Manager by performing the following tasks:
- Initiate, develop, and produce high-quality design deliverables and construction documents for multiple projects utilizing Revit.
- Engineering consultant contracting and coordinating Internal Architecture deliverables with Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Fire Protection, and Landscaping construction drawings and specifications.
- Site, Zoning, HOA, DRB analysis, and oversight for projects.
- Prepare, coordinate, and subsequently respond to comments associated with all necessary building departments and HOA submittals.
- Construction Administration:
- RFI’s, submittals, change orders, and field bulletin coordination and distribution.
- Assist in the development of project budgets in concert with our internal estimating and purchasing departments.
- Assist in the development of production plan, schedule, workflow, and master specifications (e-specs).
- Work closely with the construction team and engage in field visits as necessary to address RFIs.
- Provide support and technical assistance to the internal design team by producing and coordinating deliverables and meeting deadlines and milestones.
- Coordinate with, and support Permit Expeditor as needed for timely and effective permit set submissions.
- Assist with all other project-related duties, as needed.
Please send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join our growing Custom Home Design/Build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Degree in Construction, Engineering, Design or Architecture
- Proven experience in custom Design/Build Project Management
- Experience with project financial reporting, risk management, and development of design/construction schedules
- Working knowledge of client and trade contracts
- Experience with buying out trade contracts and negotiations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Procore experience a plus!
- Management of the overall process of the project delivery from initial sales agreement through the turn-over of the complete home.
- Accurate tracking of budget, cost, forecast and schedule.
- Working closely with the Project Design Manager and Construction Manager to ensure budget, quality and schedule demands are met.
- Provide leadership of the internal team and clients to ensure client satisfaction.
- Managing and working with all departments making up the project team during the respective phase of the project.
- Following up with the team to ensure that all deliverables are being completed in accordance with the project schedule.
- Management of prime contract and trade contracts.
Please send a current resume to Chris Kemler.
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Production Specialist to join our growing Custom Home Design/Build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Residential architectural design experience in an architectural or hands-on homebuilding/construction setting preferred.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in related field preferred but not required.
- General construction knowledge to understand construction process, terminology and codes preferred.
- Permit experience and knowledge of local building codes preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction, meet timelines and work on a multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to complete tasks and projects on time with accuracy and detail.
- Strong work ethic with high level of integrity both in and out of work
- Reliable transportation
- Production of high-quality Design and Construction Deliverables utilizing REVIT
- Maintain production documentations and the Revit model using company standards.
- Synthesize design concepts from SketchUp & ACAD into REVIT
- Support internal design team with the production and coordination of Deliverables
- Must be able to meet deadlines, communicate with the team and maintain excellent documentation.
- Assist In the preparation of client facing presentation files.
- Assist project team w/ construction administrative tasks; RFI’s, Permit Revisions, etc.
- Assist with all other project related duties as needed.
Please send a current resume and portfolio work to Stephen Yerrakadu.
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Vision Designer to join our growing custom home design-build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Over two years of relevant experience within a professional AEC design firm OR Master’s degree in Architecture degree with over one year of relevant experience within a professional AEC design firm
- Related design degrees will be considered.
- An additional three years of relevant design experience in lieu of educational requirements will be considered.
- Advanced proficiency in Trimble Sketch-Up and Autodesk Revit.
- Basic proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Suite.
- Additional preferred skills: General knowledge of IBC and IRC, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, or other video-editing programs, Act-3D Lumion, Enscape, Familiarity with Virtual Reality hardware and software.
- Define, develop and lead project design vision.
- Push design boundaries.
- Create and manage project 3D models and visuals.
- Integrate and manage design technology.
- Collaborate with clients, project, and marketing teams.
- Prepare design communications and presentations.
Please send a current resume and portfolio work to AKennedy@blueheron.com.