Blue Heron is a design-led development firm committed to developing the beauty of life. Join our team!
Contact Blue Heron
Brand Copywriter & Strategist
The Blue Heron marketing department is looking for an experienced copywriter to fill the role of Brand Copywriter & Strategist. The right candidate for this position will have a strong portfolio of writing experience, primarily focused on brand messaging development.
Day-to-day work may vary, but the Brand Copywriter & Strategist will focus the bulk of their work around brand messaging, marketing campaigns, corporate comms, and sales enablement – including:
- Deep understanding of our target market and the Blue Heron brand to craft compelling copy.
- Owning the Blue Heron brand voice alongside the Marketing Director and Brand & Communications Manager.
- Working with the team to continually develop the Blue Heron style and voice guides.
- Understanding and evolving how the brand sounds in various applications, like real estate listings and client communications.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to strategize, develop, and execute marketing copy for:
- BlueHeron.com and SEO (landing page copy).
- The Blue Heron blog.
- Social media channels.
- Email marketing.
- Paid advertising (SEM, social, etc.).
- Direct mail.
- Video storyboarding/scripting.
- Partnering with graphic designers to develop visually compelling materials.
- Taking ownership of internal communications.
- Supporting press releases and additional PR materials.
- Working with the marketing team to develop sales enablement materials such as real estate listings, flyers, email, etc.
The Brand Copywriter & Strategist must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Powerful attention to detail.
- 3-5 years of proven copywriting experience, including branding, creative copy, long form, and short form.
- Strong at writing sales-initiating materials.
- Able to adapt to brand standards (multiple at a time) and write on behalf of an organization or its individuals.
- Deadline-oriented with solid organizational skills that enable quick turnaround times.
- Flexible professional with a can-do attitude.
- Technical capabilities allowing the candidate to see copywriting end-to-end in CRM and other software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The following qualifications are not required, but are a plus:
- CRM and CMS experience.
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Writing for social media channels.
- Advertising copywriting familiarity.
- Real estate writing knowledge.
- WordPress experience.
Please compete an application or email your resume to email@example.com. Writing samples are required at the time of application to be considered.
Blue Heron is seeking a full-time Estimator to join our growing Custom Home Design/Build firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- A college degree in a Construction related field is ideal. An equivalent number of years of experience will also satisfy the education requirement.
- Should have 3-5 years of commercial and/or high-end residential experience.
- Good communication and strong teamwork skills are necessary.
- Generate the project budget and control that cost through design changes and value engineering
- Prepare cost estimates for construction projects and/or services by analyzing blueprints and other contract documents
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work. Provide ongoing estimating support to the Design Team during Design Development.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Analyze and compare subcontractor bids and make recommendations for contract awards using our bid leveling spreadsheets
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Finalize “scope of work” descriptions to support the contracting of trades to ensure cohesiveness of buyout
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Follow cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Maintain bidding process, and conduct negotiations
Please send a current resume to Adam McKenzie.
Project Design Manager
Architectural Lead and primary Client contact for all designs. Responsible for effective, high quality, and timely delivery of multiple custom residential design build projects from conception through to completion. This includes the complete (100%) leadership, management, and coordination of all internal and external design and estimating professionals to develop program, create innovative designs, meet client expectations and budget, produce high quality design and construction deliverables in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Minimum 2 years residential or hospitality architectural experience in an architecture or hands-on homebuilding/construction organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Degree in Architecture
- Entry level construction knowledge to understand construction process, terminology and codes
- Knowledge of all applicable building and municipal codes
- Working level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide direction, meet timelines and work on multiple project at one time
- Ability to complete tasks and projects on time with accuracy and detail
- Strong work ethic with high level of integrity both in and out of work
- General understanding of construction costs and how to implement value engineering techniques Responsibilities include working side by side in a team environment
- Ability to self-manage project assignments from start to finish
- Responsible for client meeting coordination
- Assist in office management responsibilities as needed in daily office activities
- REVIT/CAD/ SketchUp knowledge and practice as related to Architectural/Engineering drawings
Provide support for the coordination and management of all related workflows associated with the delivery of high-quality design and construction deliverables including drawings and specifications, on multiple projects at one time. This includes client interface and collaboration with resource teams; sales, concept design, interior design, construction, professional engineering consultants, production, estimating, purchasing, accounting, project management, construction administration, human resources, building department, and DRC/HOA boards
- Provide support related to AUTOCAD/REVIT drawing production and other document preparation for multiple projects
- Ability to interact professionally with clients throughout design and construction process and ensure that client expectations are met.
- Responsible for supporting the Senior Project Design Manager with;
- Engineering Consultant contracting and coordination of Internal Architecture deliverables with Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, and Fire Protection construction drawings and specifications
- Site, Zoning, HOA, DRB analysis and oversight for project
- Construction admin; RFI’s and Field bulletin coordination and distribution. Work closely with Construction Manager and engage in periodic field visits
- Technical production skills of Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and 3D models with concept design, interior, and production teams
- Provide Support with developing project budgets in concert with our internal estimating and purchasing departments
- Provide Support with leading the Design Team in permit process and administrative construction administrative duties, including all RFIs, field bulletins, and change orders, ensuring quality construction and adherence
- Strong design, graphic, and verbal presentation skills
Please send current resume to Stephen Yerrakadu.